Three bursaries are available to help bookbinders who would benefit from attending the conference but find the fees difficult to meet. These awards cover full attendance and accommodation costs but not travel expenses.
- The Gordon Hartley Memorial Fund. Gordon was Chair of SoB until his death in November 2007. As he was a late-comer to bookbinding, in commemoration of his achievements this award is intended for someone more mature who is changing their career to bookbinding.
- Society of Bookbinders bursary for a bookbinder aged under 35 from the UK.
- Society of Bookbinders bursary for a bookbinder from outside the UK.
Applicants are requested to submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 15 May 2022:
- Covering note with contact details, indicating which bursary is applied for.
- CV with date of birth if relevant.
- Up to 500 words outlining why they wish to attend the conference, including how this will enhance their skills and knowledge as well as influence their future plans.
- At least four, but preferably six, images of their work from the last two years.
- Two references.
Recipients will be required to join SoB if they are not already members and to produce a report of their conference experience.